Sara Sandhya Foster’s practice is rooted in compassionate care. entered the nutritional therapy field in 2011. She received her certification and started her private practice in 2013 through a program developed by Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, a pioneer in the holistic healthcare field for over 40 years. He is the founder and president of the American Herbalists’ Guild and has authored over 30 books and published over 3,000 articles. He is also an adjunct faculty member at Bastyr University and National College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Under Khalsa’s instruction, Sara learned a tremendous amount of information about herbal medicine, supplementation and therapeutic foods. Although Sara received her certification four years ago, she has been studying holistic nutrition independently for more than twenty years, inspired by her father who was also a holistic nutritional counselor.
Sara’s treatment is highly individualized, as she believes each person carries a unique blueprint specific to his or her body. She utilizes a body-positive and choice-centered philosophy that allows each client to direct his or her own healing journey. Through thorough nutritional assessments she develops a customized plan for each client based on the results. Each plan typically combines foods, nutritional supplements and lifestyle recommendations. Sara’s approach is rooted in compassion as she holds the belief that each person deserves love and acceptance and that growth and change is most effective in a judgment-free atmosphere. Knowing that lasting change doesn’t typically happen overnight, she works with clients at their own pace and level of comfort and ease with making dietary and lifestyle shifts.
- National University for National Medicine, Master of Science in Nutrition, 2016-present
- Portland State University, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 2005
- Portland Community College, Certification in Nutritional Therapy, Karta Purkh Khalsa, 2013
- The Lotus Seed, Certification in Teaching Yoga, 2013
- Reiki Level II Certification, Heather Straube, 2014
- Portland Plant Medicine Gathering, National University of Natural Medicine, 2013
- Food As Medicine Symposium, National University of Natural Medicine, 2014, 2017
- Traditional Roots Conference, National University of Natural Medicine, 2014, 2017
- Gastroenterology Conference, National University of Natural Medicine, 2017
Gluten Intolerance Group of Portland (GIG of Portland), Daily Detoxification Support for Healthy Digestion and Radiant Skin, October 2016
Intel Corporation, Uttar Rang, Wisdom for Healthy Living, June 2017
Portland State University, Mindfulness In the Office, August 2017
Oregon Food Bank, Cooking Matters Program, 2014-present
Seven Supplements to Improve Quality of Life. Elephant Journal, May 2013.